Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Urban Outfitters Home

While I've certainly detailed my love for Home Goods, it can be pretty unreliable in terms of what you will or won't be able to find. Because of that, I have a few online sites that I like to look at for inspiration or to buy something I can't seem to find at one of my regular in-person shopping locales. Not including Home Goods, I also love Target and Ikea, so as you can tell, I'm super high end. But let's be real - I'm 24 years old, I work at a non-profit...it's not like I'll be able afford Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn anytime soon.

One home decor shop that has consistently surprised me (in a good way) is Urban Outfitters. While I'm trying to wean myself off buying clothes there (I feel like at 24 I should be wearing some more grown up things), they actually have a great selection of furniture pieces and little decorative accessories. Their furniture can be kind of expensive for my budget (and so is their bedding), but many times I've found affordable and cute (albeit perfect for my apartment) little extras.

A couple of weeks ago, while looking for something to put between the two chairs in my living room, I came across this table:


While $80 doesn't exactly scream OMG SUPER DEAL, it's not bad for a piece of furniture. With free shipping on top of that (only on orders over $50), I was convinced. And now, a few weeks later, I am ecstatic with my purchase. It fits in the room perfectly and it looks great - the distressed metal look is even better in person.

So today, while looking for a new rug for my kitchen (the existing one is a disgusting brown indoor/outdoor rug that is impossible to clean and is curling at the edges) and striking out on Overstock.com and West Elm, where everything was either too expensive or too hideous, I hit up Urban Outfitters once again. After a few minutes of browsing, I struck gold, and just ordered this little beauty for my kitchen. It's 2 x 3 feet, which is the exact size I was looking over, and at only $24 (plus shipping), I'd say it's a pretty good deal.


I'm excited for it to come and hoping it works out as well as the table has! Also while browsing, I came across this print that I am OBSESSED with. 


I love, love, love maps as art, but alas, I can't think of where I could fit this 20 x 30 inch print, so it will have to wait.

Some other gems I've gathered from Urban Outfitters in the past include two of these acid etched letters (one N and one E - our initials) and this over-the-door hook for hanging towels in the bathroom. So far, I have been impressed with both the quality and durability of all these pieces, as well as the aesthetic. While everyone I know seems to wear the same clothes from Urban Outfitters, their apartment line hasn't caught on in the same way and you don't need to worry about seeing your goods in everyone else's apartments.

Just my two cents! Where do you all love to shop for home stuff online?

No comments:

Post a Comment